Woolworths Group Limited Share Buy-Back
- Published: October 5, 2021
- Author: Asparq
For Information purposes only – this may not be applicable for your circumstances.
Woolworths Group Limited (Woolworths Group) is offering eligible holders of Woolworths Group Shares the opportunity to participate in an off-market share buy-back.
During the year, Woolworths Group divested Endeavour Group, completed its strategic investment in PFD Food Services, increased ownership of Quantum and established new businesses, including Greenstock, Wpay and HealthyLife. The strength of Woolworths Group’s balance sheet and the underlying performance of the business will allow Woolworths Group to return $2 billion capital to Shareholders via the buy-back.
Closing on 15 October 2021, the buy-back is most attractive to low or no tax-paying investors such as superannuation funds, tax-exempt investors and individuals who pay no tax.
Woolworths Group recently announced plans to acquire $2 billion of ordinary shares from investors through an off-market share buy-back. Shareholder participation is voluntary.
- The buy-back will include a fixed capital component of $4.31 and a fully franked dividend (the difference between the buy-back price and the fixed capital component).
- The off-market buy-back will be at a discount of between 10% and 14% (at 1% intervals) to the market price or as a final price application.
- A better after-tax return may be realised than what is likely to be available when selling directly on market.
- If you decide to participate, you must offer to sell at least 180 Shares or, if you own less than that, you must offer to sell them all.
- There is no associated cost to participate in this offer.
How to participate
To participate, please get in touch with your Asparq Financial Adviser, visit woolworthsgroup.com.au/buyback or complete a hard copy application before 15 October. More details are provided in the Woolworths Group Buy-Back Booklet.
All investments are subject to risk, which means the value of your investment may rise or fall. Before making an investment decision, it is important to understand the risks that can affect the value of your investment. If you have any questions, please contact your Asparq Financial Adviser.
The information contained herein is of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon nor is it a substitute for appropriate professional advice. Whilst all care has been taken in the preparation of the material, it is not guaranteed to be accurate. Individual circumstances are different and as such require specific examination. Asparq cannot accept liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of the use of or reliance upon all or any part of this material. Additional information may be made available upon request.